Tuesday 21 August 2018

I am not sure if many bloggers are aware of the passing of Darren (DAZ) Baker, who had the Gunnedah & Behond blog.

I post the following that I received this afternoon

"Tuesday, August 21, 2018
Last night about 10.10 pm Darren left us. he fought MND to the very end. it was quick, and peaceful. and totally unexpected. we knew MND was in his lungs BUT he was laughing with the carers and I than said he could not breath. He Died in Gosford Hospital.

I just want to add. that yesterday at about 12 midday . Dazza and Paul finished the laying of track, even across the door. it would have meant he could have run trains all the way around. the Top level was complete.

to Darren it was not the running of a train that drove him, it was the building of his dream. "

Darren was a great bloke & over the years he & I exchanged quite a few emails regarding modelling and that other gauge system 1:1, it is sad that someone as young as he is has passed from this life, as he suffered a deal over the past few years,
 
You will be missed Darren and from me thanks for the friendship over time.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment